Are you looking for fun things to do in Lake Havasu, Arizona? Look no further, we just visited, checked out all the water sports, and had a great time!
There’s no shortage of things to do in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. Situated on the Colorado River, this desert oasis is a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts and sun-seekers alike. From fishing, wakeboarding, water skiing, hiking, boating, and swimming, there’s something for everyone in this southwestern gem. It’s also known for its beautiful beaches, great lakes, and adventurous nature trails. It’s so much fun!
Lake Havasu is also Known for its Famous London Bridge and the Bridge Water Channel.
Lake Havasu is also known for its famous London Bridge and the Bridge Water Channel. The Bridgewater Channel Canal was dredged and flooded, which separated Pittsburgh Point from the city.
This effectively created an island. Because of this, the London Bridge now traverses a man-made shortcut between the Thompson Bay section of Lake Havasu (which is located south of Pittsburgh Point) and the rest of Lake Havasu to the north.
When is the Best Time to Visit Lake Havasu?
The best time to visit Lake Havasu City is in the springtime. From mid-March to April, the weather is pleasant and cool, making it ideal for outdoor activities. Spring break is also a popular time to visit, so be sure to book your accommodations early if you’re planning a trip during this time.
- Boating– One of the most popular activities in Lake Havasu is boating. With over 300 days of sunshine per year, the conditions are ideal for spending a day on the water. Visitors can rent boats or jet skis, or bring their vessel to enjoy the lake. There are also plenty of places to anchor up and enjoy a picnic lunch with breathtaking views.
- Hiking-Hiking is another popular pastime in Lake Havasu. There are numerous trails of varying difficulty levels, so everyone from beginners to experienced hikers can find a route that’s right for them. And with stunning desert scenery, it’s easy to see why hiking is such a popular activity in this part of the country.
- Rent a boat and explore Lake-Lake Havasu Park is a great place to explore by boat. (people love Pontoon Boats).There are plenty of rentals available, and the lake is full of hidden treasures.
- Take a dip in the water and enjoy the sun-Looking to enjoy the sun and take a dip in the water? Then head to London Bridge Beach! This beach is one of the best things to do in the city and offers stunning views of the London skyline. You can sunbathe on the sand, go for a swim in the pool, or simply relax in the shade. There’s also plenty of food and drink available, so you can make a day of it. So what are you waiting for? Head to London Bridge Beach and enjoy the sun!
- Big Fin’s Tasty Waves-Mac and Cheese is one of the most popular dishes on the menu. It is made with a blend of three kinds of cheese, pasta, and a breadcrumb topping.
- The Chair is one of the local restaurants in the area that is known for its great food and relaxed atmosphere. The menu features classic American dishes such as burgers, fries, and milkshakes. The Chair also has a wide selection of craft beers and wines. The Chair also offers a variety of salads, sandwiches, and sides. The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner, and reservations are recommended. The Chair is located at 123 Main Street in Anytown, USA.
- The Red Onion and RO Bar– Local cuisine, American, Bar, vegetarian friendly, gluten-free options
- Parks in Lake Havasu
- -Some of the best places to visit in Lake Havasu are the local parks.
- Sara Park- is a great place for a picnic, and there are plenty of grills and picnic areas available.
- Cattail Cove State Park-Cattail Cove State Park is also a great place to visit, and it offers some of the best views of the Grand Canyon.
- Rotary Community Park-If you’re looking for a place to boat or fish, try Rotary Park or one of the boat ramps near the lake. No matter what you’re looking for, Lake Havasu has something for everyone.
- Soak Up the sun at Lake Havasu State Park-Lake Havasu State Park is a great place to spend a day or two. The park has a beach, and there are plenty of hiking trails. The park also has a campground, and it is a great place to relax and enjoy the views and have a picnic. Lake Havasu State Park is located at 699 London Bridge Road in Lake Havasu City, Arizona.
- Lake Havasu Museum of History–The Lake Havasu Museum of History is a great place to learn about the history of the area. The museum features exhibits on the Native Americans who lived in the area, the explorers and settlers who came later, and the development of the city. The museum also has a gift shop and a library. The Lake Havasu Museum of History is located at 400 Arizola Road in Lake Havasu City, Arizona.
- Visit the Famous London Bridge in Lake Havasu-Lake Havasu is home to the famous London Bridge. The bridge was originally built in England in the 1830s, and it was dismantled and brought to Lake Havasu in 1967. The bridge spans a channel of the Colorado River, and it is a popular tourist destination. There are many shops and restaurants nearby, as well as a visitor center. The London Bridge is located at 1 London Bridge Road in Lake Havasu City, Arizona.
- Take a Hike through the Mohave Desert-The Mohave Desert is a great place to hike, and there are many trails to choose from. One of the most popular trails is the Afton Canyon Trail, which takes you through some of the most scenic areas of the desert. The trail is four miles long, and it is an easy hike with a few moderate sections. The Afton Canyon Trail is located in the Mojave National Preserve, and it can be accessed from Highway 40.
- Enjoy the views at Havasu Falls-Havasu Falls is one of the most popular attractions in Lake Havasu, and it is worth a visit. The falls are located on Havasu Creek, and they are accessible via a short hike. The hike is easy and relatively flat, but it can be slippery in places. The falls are beautiful, and they are a great place to cool off on a hot day. Havasu Falls is located in the Havasupai Indian Reservation, and it can be accessed from Highway 64.
- Explore the area on a Jeep Tour-The best way to explore the area in a more adventurous way is to take a jeep tour. Many companies offer jeep tours, and they will take you to some of the most scenic places in the area. The tours typically last between two and four hours, and they are a great way to see the desert.
- Jet skiing-Lake Havasu is the perfect place to jet ski. There are plenty of open areas to explore, and the water is warm and clear.
- Go picnicking-Rotary Community Park and other parks around the lake offer picnic tables and grills, making it easy to have a picnic lunch.
- Go Fishing-The shores of Lake Havasu are home to a variety of fish, so it’s a great place to go fishing.
- Take a Sunset Cruise-Sunset charter cruises are a great way to see the lake and watch the sunset.
- Stay at the London Bridge Resort-take the family to London Bridge Resort. It is the perfect place to take a dip no matter the season! They have two family and fun pools located on the Splash Pool deck, as well as a hot tub. And if you’re looking for something with a little more heat, check out our pool at Kokomo – it’s always heated during winter. The kids will love the water slide! There is plenty of room for special events too.
- Explore Copper Canyon-Copper Canyon is a popular hiking destination, and it is located just outside of Lake Havasu City. The canyon is full of beautiful rock formations, and it offers some of the best views in the area. Copper Canyon is located in the Mohave Desert, and it can be accessed from Highway 95.
- Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride–Hot air balloons are a popular tourist activity, and they offer some of the best views in the area. The rides typically last for about an hour, and they are a great way to see the desert from above.
- Check Out the Local Shopping Scene–the Finch House is a local art boutique that features a variety of vendors. It is open Monday-Friday 10 am -9pm and is located in the English Village at the entrance to the village next to the Holiday Inn Express.
So there you have it! A list of the top things to do in Lake Havasu City, an amazing tourist attraction and a knows destination for Spring Break in Arizona. Whether you’re looking for things to do in Lake Havasu this weekend or things to do with the family or a romantic evening out, there’s something for everyone. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and start exploring!