Check out the New Nintendo Switch Online Membership, check out the benefits and see if it works for you!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is a Sponsored post for Nintendo Switch, however, all opinions are my own.
The first time I saw a Nintendo game console (Nintendo entertainment system) was when I was 15 years old. It was the NES. People knew about other game systems, but Nintendo was different. It was difficult to explain to someone what the NES was. There was something about it.
34 Years have passed and now my kids are playing Nintendo, (it’s their favorite toy) and it is taking me back in more ways than one. I didn’t play all day long back then, I just enjoyed playing.
It made a big impact on me because it was a different kind of entertainment. A different type of satisfaction, or challenge that you couldn’t get from regular toys. I’m glad that my kids are able to enjoy video games in a safe and joyful environment.
As a mom, the one thing that is more important than anything in this digital world is safety. I’m not necessarily talking about the big bad wolf, it can be something as trivial as the kids seeing an ad for a horror movie that gives them nightmares.
Mobile phone games are great, but they’re full of ads and while the games my kids play are age-appropriate, a lot of them contain ads for violent games or other types of inappropriate content. Kids often ended up spending more time watching ads to get bonuses and benefits in the game than actually playing!
Today, all these years later (your girl isn’t getting any younger…), Nintendo still brings that special something, just in a different package; A WAY different package!
The Nintendo Switch has opened doors to all sorts of possibilities. Not only can you have physical cartridges (do people still say cartridges?), but you can download Nintendo games directly on your gaming system.
In addition, Nintendo now offers a subscription package that gives you access to all sorts of cool content like NES and Super NES games, along with access to online play for compatible games and other perks. It’s called Nintendo Switch Online.
What does the Nintendo Switch Online membership do?
Below is the description Nintendo gives on its site and insight to what Nintendo Switch online members can expect.
- Play Super Mario Bros™. with a 35-player twist in the Super Mario Bros. 35 game! Race against time, defeat enemies, and sabotage your opponents to be the last Mario standing! Available exclusively for Nintendo Switch
- Online members. Playable until March 31, 2021 Online Play – Battle it out or cooperate with players online in compatible games like Pokémon™ Sword and Pokémon Shield and Mario Kart™ 8 Deluxe. Invite friends to your in-game island or visit theirs in Animal Crossing™: New Horizons!
- NES and Super NES – Nintendo Switch Online – Enjoy a curated library of 70+ classic Super NES and NES games. You can compete (or cooperate) online with friends, share your screen, or virtually pass the controller, depending on the game.
- Save Data Cloud – In addition to the game data regularly saved to your system, you’ll have online backup. This makes it easy to retrieve your game data if you lose your system or start using a new one .
- Smartphone app – Enhance your online experience with the Nintendo Switch Online app. You can use voice chat with players in compatible games, and access special game- enhancing features for select titles .
- Special Offers – Get members-only deals – Exclusive offers include products that only those with a paid Nintendo Switch Online membership can purchase.
Related Post – Check out Super Smash Bros Ultimate
They offer individual membership that offers 1, 3 and 12 months options. You can also sign up for the family membership for 12 months.
How do you get the Nintendo Switch Online for free in 2021?
How To Get a Free Seven-Day Trial for Nintendo Online at My Nintendo
- Go to the My Nintendo website.
- Click on the Sign In button in the top right corner.
- Click on the three horizontal lines on the left side to open the Menu.
- Select Redeem Points.
- Look for the Nintendo Switch Online 7 Day Trial option and click on it.
We got the Nintendo Switch Online Family Plan. It also helps to have the Nintendo Switch online smartphone app. I am enjoying re-living those moments spent so many years ago (all I can think about now is how old I am…) spent playing Mario, Donkey Kong, Ice Climber and many others.
Never in a million years would have I pictured myself playing those games with my kids! My kids’ favorite? Luigi’s Mansion 3.
Get Nintendo Switch Online and get the Nintendo switch online membership code or you can purchase it on Amazon.