As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post contains affiliate links.
There is a Unicorn Trend brewing right now. If you don’t like Unicorns, I may say that there is something wrong with you. And when you try my Magical no bake Unicorn bars recipe: Caramel Pretzel Crack, you will love these mythical creatures.
There are Different Unicorn Bar Recipes out There
There is definitely a Unicorn Craze. If you google Unicorn Bars, you will find all kinds of different Unicorn recipes for these sweat treats in different bright colors.
You will find:
- Unicorn cheesecake bars with cream cheese
- Unicorn sugar cookie bars made with sugar cookies and rainbow sprinkles
- Unicorn bar with icing or colorful frosting, white chocolate chips and funfetti
- Unicorn cookies shaped into a bar
- Colorful cookies with a single layers of Sticky cookie dough in different colors
- Funfetti cookie bars with cream cheese and with unicorn sprinkles
These No-Bake Caramel Pretzel Crack Bars are the ideal combination of sweet and salty! A crunchy pretzel layer, a creamy caramel layer, and a rich candy layer combine to make an delectable treat that’s perfect for sharing.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth, or having a fun party at the park, these Caramel Pretzel Crack Bars are the perfect recipe for you!
Made with just a few simple ingredients, these bars can be thrown together in no time at all. Plus, they’re perfect for anyone who likes magical Unicorns.
Caramel is a popular addition to many desserts, and some people prefer caramel bits. I’d rather make it with brown sugar and butter. If you want to swap things up, simply replace the 11 oz bag of Kraft caramel bits with 2 tablespoons of water in a pan over medium heat for 1-1/2 minutes to 2 minutes until smooth.
Why this Unicorn recipe is Different
I like this recipe because you don’t have to use a bunch of bowls. You don’t even need a hand mixer or a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer for the eggs and butter. You can add those straight into the saucepan to heat on medium heat. You just need a few simple ingredients: butter, brown sugar, pretzels, candy melts and sprinkles (lots of sprinkles). You only need a separate bowl for the melts.
Magical Unicorn Bars
- parchment paper
- cookie sheet ( you can also use a square pan if you want). I just happened to have this Le Creuset Toughened Non -Stick Bakeware Rectangular Baking Sheet
- 1 16oz Bag Pretzel twists
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Cup melted butter
- 1 Cup Purple Candy Melts
- 1 Cup Light Pink Candy Melts
- 1 Cup Dark Pink Candy Melts
- 1 Cup Blue Candy Melts
- 1 Cup Green Candy Melts (I may leave this color out next time)
- 1 Cup White Candy Melts
- 1 1/2 Cup Sprinkles (or more) CandiFetti Unicorn Sprinkle Bottle with Figural Lid
Step by Step Instructions
1. Combine butter and brown sugar in pot on medium low heat and then bring to boil
2. Spread the pretzels on a parchment lined cookie sheet. (I used a Le Creuset baking sheet, so I didn’t need anything as it is non stick).
3. Melt the caramel and use a large spoon to spread on top of pretzels going back and using the back of the spoon to cover evenly.
4. In a small glass bowl, add the melts by color on top of each other and heat up. Melt in microwave in 20 second intervals or 30-second intervals until melted. Keep checking on them and when they are melting take them out and stir.
5. Pour the candy melts (don’t mix too much like it did) and spread on pretzels
6. Add 1/2 cup sprinkles to 1 Cup sprinkles
Recipe Card for Unicorn Bars
- Combine butter and brown sugar in pot on medium low heat and then bring to boil
- If you want chocolate in these, first spread melted Hershey's chocolate chips on pan.
- Spread the pretzels on a parchment lined cookie sheet. (I used a Le Creuset baking sheet, so I didn’t need anything as it is non stick).
- Melt the caramel and spread on top of pretzels.
- 20 second intervals or 30-second intervals until melted. Keep checking on them and when they are melting take them out and stir.
- Pour the candy melts (don't mix too much like it did) and spread on pretzels
- Put in the freezer for 30 minutes-1 hour and then cut into squares
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 40Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 20mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 0gSugar 9gProtein 0g
This fun dessert can be packed as a gift also! They will be a hit at Birthday Parties or a Unicorn Party or baby shower.
Don’t forget to put the rest in a sealed container. After they’ve been frozen and cut, they can be left out at room temperature in a sealed container.
More Sweets Like This