Are you getting ready to celebrate the 4th of July or honor Memorial Day? Get the barbecues ready for grillin’ and add some sweetness with some patriotic no-bake caramel pretzel crack bars. These are also great for kid’s Birthday Parties and are a big hit with moms! Check out the recipe below.
These No-Bake Caramel Pretzel Crack Bars are the perfect sweet and salty treat! A layer of crunchy pretzels, a layer of creamy caramel, and a layer of rich chocolate come together to create an irresistible snack that’s perfect for sharing. You may also know them as Christmas crack recipe. Some people use saltines in that recipe.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth, these Caramel Pretzel Crack Bars are the perfect recipe for you! Made with just a few simple ingredients, these bars can be thrown together in no time at all. Plus, they’re perfect for patriotic holidays like the Fourth of July or Memorial Day. They are also a big hit with kids!
This recipe calls for caramel and some people like to use caramel bits. I’d rather make it with brown sugar and butter. If you want to switch it out though, just replace it with 1 11 OZ BAG Kraft caramel bits with 2 tablespoons of water and melt in the microwave for 1 and a half minutes to two minutes.
No Bake Caramel Pretzel Crack Bars: Red, White, and Blue
Supplies for Red, white, and, blue Crack Bars
- parchment paper
- cookie sheet (I used a nonstick Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick Baking Sheet)
- large mixing bowl
- microwave-safe bowl
Ingredients for No Bake Caramel Pretzel Crack Bars
- 1 16oz Bag Pretzel twists
- 11.5 oz bag of Hershey’s milk chocolate chips (you don’t have to use a bag of Hershey’s)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 Cup Red Candy Melts
- 1 Cup Blue Candy Melts
- 1 Cup White Candy Melts
Step 1. In a small glass bowl, add the Hershey chocolate chips (reserve about ¼ cup of chips for later). Melt chocolate chips in a medium bowl in the microwave in 20-second intervals or 30-second intervals until melted. Make sure you have a microwave-safe bowl.
Step 2. Spread the melted chocolate on a parchment-lined cookie sheet or large baking sheet (I used a Le Cruiset pan, so I didn’t need anything as it is nonstick).
Step 3. Place pretzels on top of the chocolate.
Step 4. Combine butter and brown sugar in a pot on medium-low heat and then bring to boil
Step 5. Melt the caramel and spread it on top of the pretzels.
Step 6. Use the reserved ¼ cup of chocolate chips in the microwave and pour the melted drizzle over the cooled caramel layer.
Step 7. Melt the red, white, and blue melts and spread over chocolate pretzel bark
Step 8. Put in the freezer for at least an hour
tips and tricks
- Some people add vanilla and sea salt.
- You can also make these with a 1/2 cup of Reese’s peanut butter chips.
- You can also use dark chocolate.
- You can do a single layer or double layer of pretzels
- You can also use an 11.5 oz bag of Kraft caramel bits and 2 tablespoons in place of sugar and butter
- don’t forget an airtight container to put them in
- mix it up with a graham cracker crust or white chocolate
Recipe Card for Patriotic No-Bake Pretzel Crack Bars
- * 11.5 oz bag of Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Chips
- * 8 oz of Mini Twist Pretzels
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 Cup Red Melts
- 1 Cup Blue Melts
- 1 Cup White Melts
- 1 16 oz Bag of Pretzel Twists
- 1. In a small glass bowl, add the Hershey chocolate chips (Reserve about ¼ cup of chips for later). Melt in microwave in 20 second intervals until melted.
2. Spread the melted chocolate on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
3. Place pretzels on top of the chocolate.
4. mix brown sugar and butter in pot on medium-low heat and bring to boil
5. Melt the caramel and spread on top of pretzels.
- 6. use the reserved ¼ cup of chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle over the melted caramel,
- 7. Melt the red, white and blue melts and spread on top
8. Put in the freezer for at least an hour
You can also use 11.5 oz bag of Kraft caramel bits (11.5 oz bag of kraft caramel bits)and 2 tablespoons of water in place of the sugar and butter. You can also use vanilla extract.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 265Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 4mgSodium 235mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 2gSugar 25gProtein 5g
So what do you think of these chocolate caramel pretzel bars?