There are affiliate links in the post, which means that if you click on something and purchase it, I will make a commission.
Lately I’ve been stagnant with my diet. Part of it is because I cheated and went of course while traveling, which is easy to do. But now I’m back and ready to get back on the Keto bus. I have given myself a few days to adjust but have recently discovered the 3-5 day Keto Egg Fast.
What is an Keto Egg Fast?
It’s basically when you plateau while on Keto and need to kick start the weight loss by eating eggs and only eggs for 3-5 days. Sounds fun, right? lol. If you are interested in doing the Keto Egg Fast, do some research first. There are rules even though you are only eating eggs.
- Eat eggs all day – 6-11
- For every egg consumed, you will have to consume 1 tablespoon of healthy fat, olive oil, sugar-free mayonnaise, MCT oil, butter, coconut oil, avocado oil, etc.
- 1 ounce of cheese per egg, max 4 ounces a day
- Eat an egg within 30 minutes of waking up.
- The minimum time between meals should be at least 3 hours.
- 3 diet sodas a day maximum
- No sugar or sweetener
- Stop eating 3 hours before bedtime
- 6-8 glasses of water minimum
- limit seasonings to less than 1g
- Tea and coffee are permitted but no cream
- no dairy, no meat, no veggies, no fruits
It’s just a temporary fast if you are willing to put in the work. However, for me that damn sweet tooth gets in the way and I can’t go a day without something sweet! That’s where the Egg Fast Lemon Cheesecake Fat Bombs come in. They are perfect for the Keto Egg Fast diet because they are made with cream cheese, which is allowed in the Keto Egg Fast diet.
Lemon Cheesecake Fat Bombs
If you follow the Keto diet, you are well aware of fat bombs. Mine are usually with coconut oil, cocoa and peanut butter. I am not a huge cream cheese fan, however I do like cheesecake. So, if you are on the Keto diet or just eat low carb, this recipe for Lemon Cheesecake Fat Bombs is for you. If you are going to the Keto Egg Fast, you can incorporate these into it and if you have a sweet tooth like me, it will definitely make it easier to get through those 3 days. Two Egg Fast Lemon Cheesecake Fat Bombs equals 1 tbsp fat, 1/2 ounce cheese, and 1/4 serving of sweetener.
- 4 Ounces of Brick cream cheese
- 1/4 Cup Butter - preferably grass fed
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil
- 2 packets of True Lemon
- 1-2 Tbsp powdered sweetener
- Lemon Zest (optional)
- Silicone mini molds
- Keep butter and cream cheese out until soft.
- Melt butter and coconut oil in a bowl. - I put in the microwave at 50 power for 30 seconds at a time.
- Pour butter and coconut oil into a mixing bowl.
- Add cream cheese,True Lemon packets (1-2) and sweetener
- Mix at low speed until all ingredients are mixed well
- Use a Tablespoon to equally divide mixture into 16 molds
- Freeze for 30 minutes before popping them out of the silicone mold.
- Keep in airtight container in freezer or fridge
- Before serving, sprinkle with lemon zest and powdered erythritol
You may not be able to find the True Lemon with 0 sugar and 0 calories so I got them from Amazon. You can subsihttps://amzn.to/2uC6qLmtute with lemon zest or lemon extract but you would have to play with the proportions.
Some people make their own powdered sugar but I also buy mine from Amazon. It’s just so useful for baking and cuts out an extra step for me. I used a silicone mold that only had 9 molds so I used it twice and had to figure out the measurements but it would be easier to get a silicone mold with over 16 servings in it.
It’s hard to believe something so simple that you can just put in the freezer can be so delicious and satisfy my sweet tooth! If you are ready to something refreshing and lemony – you have to check these out!