Looking for easy origami ideas for kids? It’s such a great crafts for their fine motor skills and allows them to be creative. Check out this list of fun origami kids will love.
My boys love making origami. There are so many benefits to making origami, like eye hand co-ordination, spatial skills, memory and it also helps with fine motor skills.
What is Origami?
Origami is the traditional Japanese game of folding elaborately designed paper (origami crafts) into a myriad of shapes, usually plants, animals, and other living things. The best thing about origami is that all you need is an imagination and a piece of paper.
Recently, I had a virtual Birthday party for my son, and he taught his friends how to make a simple origami fortune teller. It was a blast! It’s amazing how a simple paper folding craft for kids can entertain my kids for hours, and they can learn step by step how to create things from YouTube.
They watch tutorials of how to make easy origami videos like origami butterflies, origami animals, Halloween origami, cootie catchers, paper boats like The Dragon Boat he made in the video below.
Easy Origami for Kids
- Super Fun Star Wars Origami Fortune Teller
- Origami Tulips: A Fun Paper Craft!
- Traditional Origami Crane
- Corner Bookmark
- 3D Origami Paper Star Zodiac Constellations
- Origami Heart Corner Bookmark
- Origami Cup
- Easy Origami Shark Craft for Kids
- Monster Origami Corner Bookmarks Tutorial
- Jumping Frog Instructions
- How to Make an Easy Origami Card
- Hexaflexagon: How To Make An Infinity Loop
- STEM Adventures with Dragon Paper Airplanes
- ORIGAMI CHICKS AND BUNNIES IN EGG CARTON
- ORIGAMI SEA LIFE CRAFT
- Paper Moving Fish
- Origami Bunny Easter Craft
- How to Make Cat Origami
- Origami Witch Craft For Kids
- Origami Ghost Craft For Kids
- Origami Penguin Craft for Kids
- Origami Bird Magnets
- Simple Origami Yacht Craft for Kids
- Pokemon Origami Fortune Teller
Next, I would like to learn how to make 3D origami.