Want to know more about the Egg Fast Diet? The 3 Day Egg Fast Meal Plan has a few simple rules. These easy egg recipes help me kick off my Keto Egg Fast diet.
This post is sponsored by Happy Egg Co, and all opinions are my own. There are affiliate links in this post which means that I earn commission on qualifying purchases.
Spring break came and went and so did my healthy diet. So, it’s time to get back on track and throw myself back into my Keto way of life. I always feel so much better and clear headed when I do Keto. It isn’t a fad or quick weight loss diet, for me it’s a lifestyle. It’s time for some egg fast recipes!
CHECK OUT DELICIOUS AND DECADENT FOOT BALL RECIPES FOR THE BIG GAME
Keto is not as easy as the media makes it out to be; so, if you’ve never done it, do your research first. Many people enjoy Keto snacks.
The basic concept of the Keto diet is to consume foods high in fat (healthy fats) and low in carbs. I won’t get technical and talk about the specifics like macro nutrient percentage splits, but the takeaway is that you should be eating healthy fats like eggs, cashews, avocados, peanuts, mct oil, butter, cheese, olive oil, etc…
It doesn’t have to be a restrictive diet.
Always drink plenty of water.
The Ketogenic Diet is all about getting your body into a state of Ketosis so that it burns fat for fuel instead of glucose. If you have stalled or hit a weight loss plateau while doing Keto, then a 3 Day Keto Egg Fast (also known as the egg diet) as the will help you get back on track and kick start your weight loss again.
Check out this Keto Egg Fast Diet menu Plan. Keto Egg Fast recipes are popular for weight loss and trimming down.
Table of contents
Egg Fast Keto Rules
The egg fast rules for an egg fast are very simple to follow. Don’t let them confuse you.
- Eat eggs all day 6-11
- For every egg consumed, you will have to consume one tablespoon of healthy fat; olive oil, sugar free mayonnaise, MCT oil, coconut oil, butter, avocado oil.
- Consume one ounce of cheese per egg, max 4 ounces a day
- Eat an egg within 30 minutes of waking up.
- The minimum time between meals should be 3 hours.
- Drink the maximum of 3 diet sodas a day (optional)
- No sugar or sweetener.
- Stop eating 3 hours before bedtime.
- Drink 6-8 glasses minimum.
- Limit seasonings to less than 1g.
- Tea and coffee is permitted but no cream.
- No dairy, no meat, no veggies, no fruits.
I don’t drink diet soda, however this egg fast that I researched allows you to drink carbonated diet drinks. Also, this is an egg fast plan that is temporary, exactly 3 days.
One of the basic rules of the keto egg diet is that it’s meant for a short period of time. Fat fasts are popular, this just happens to involve eggs and simple ingredients.
I recommend supplementing with electrolytes and adding magnesium, sodium and potassium supplementation. If you feel constipated, you might want to increase your intake of coconut oil. My favorite is Nutiva. Magnesium should help too.
Does Egg Quality Matter?
It’s all about the eggs. Eggs are high protein (egg whites), and healthy fats (egg yolks), and contain vitamin B2, D, B6, B12, zinc, iron, and copper. They are downright good for you! In my house we use eggs every day. There are always eggs in our refrigerator.
But unfortunately, not all eggs in the store are created equal. It is important to buy high quality eggs. Buy eggs from a farm that is herbicide and pesticide-free for at least 3 years.
Make sure they are hormone free, free range, and cage free like Happy Eggs. They are the Free-est of the Free Range™!
The eggs I used for my fast are the Happy Eggs. They are the highest quality and best tasting eggs you can find. I have included a couple of recipes to keep your egg fast interesting! Egg fast recipes have been around for a long time so there’s a lot to choose from.
I love spices and they come in handy when eating a Keto Egg Diet. I created these easy Southwest Egg Cups to shake up the 3 Day Keto Egg Fast, but you can incorporate this recipe as part of your regular Keto routine and get egg fast results.
- Happy Eggs (12)
- Mexican blend cheese
- Avocado oil (I used one with that was garlic infused)
- Southwest spices
- Combine the eggs, cheese, and avocado oil.
- Add a sprinkle of southwest spices.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
More Keto Egg Fast Recipes
- Keto Egg Fast Lemon Cheesecake Fat Bombs – If you are going to the Keto Egg Fast, you can incorporate these into it and if you have a sweet tooth like me, it will definitely make it easier to get through those 3 days.
- Egg Fast Quiche– This Keto Quiche recipe is awesome because it makes 6 servings and you can keep them in the refrigerator for at least a week or freeze some of it for later. It’s perfect for your egg fast. This is a simple recipe for an egg fast meal plan that is delicious, and it will work great for your egg fast! You just need four ingredients and you’re good to go! It just takes a couple of minutes to set up.
More Keto Recipes
- Keto Holiday Desserts,
- Keto Side Dishes
- Bacon and Egg Cups
- Keto Pumpkin Chili
- Keto Side Dishes
- Keto Brownies
Although there is dairy in this fast, it is a maximum of 4 ounces of cheese.
Stevia is a natural product, this is why it is in my Lemon Cheesecake Bombs.
- 12 Eggs
- 4 Ounces of Mexican blend cheese,
- 12 Tablespoons of avocado oil
- southwest spices.
Combine the eggs, cheese, and avocado oil.Add a sprinkle of southwest spices.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Although there is dairy in this fast, it is a maximum of 4 ounces of cheese.Stevia is a natural product, this is why it is in my Lemon Cheesecake Bombs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 228Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 195mgSodium 103mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 9g
More Help for Your Keto Diet