Want to know more about losing weight with the Egg Fast Diet? The 3-Day Egg Fast Meal Plan has a few simple rules. These easy egg recipes help me kick off my Keto Egg Fast diet using the simple egg fast rules.
This post is sponsored by Happy Egg Co, and all opinions are my own. There are affiliate links in this post which means that I earn commission on qualifying purchases.
Spring break came and went and so did my healthy diet. So, it’s time to get back on track and throw me back into my Keto way of life. I always feel so much better and clear-headed when I do Keto.
The Diet Doctor says it’s great for certain health conditions. It isn’t a fad or quick weight loss diet, for me, it’s a lifestyle. It’s time for some egg fast recipes!
Keto is not as easy as the media makes it out to be; so, if you’ve never done it, do your research first. Many people enjoy Keto snacks and a high-fat diet.
But check out how to avoid nutritional deficiencies and how to get into the state of ketosis.
What is the Keto Diet?
The basic concept of the Keto diet is to consume foods high in fat (healthy fats) and low in carbs. I won’t get technical and talk about the specifics like macronutrient percentage splits, but the takeaway is that you should be eating healthy fats like eggs, cashews, avocados, peanuts, MCT oil, butter, cheese, olive oil, etc…
It doesn’t have to be a restrictive diet.
Always drink plenty of water.
Keto Egg Fast Plan
The Ketogenic Diet is all about getting your body into a state of Ketosis so that it burns fat for fuel instead of glucose. Egg fasting has become popular lately. If you have stalled or hit a weight loss plateau while doing Keto, then a 3-Day Keto Egg Fast (also known as the egg diet) as will help you get back on track and kick start your weight loss again.
Check out this Keto Egg Fast Diet menu Plan. Keto Egg Fast recipes are popular for weight loss, trimming down, and weight loss stalls. These 3-day egg fast recipes will get you back on track.
Table of contents
- What is the Keto Diet?
- Egg Fast Keto Rules for 3 day Egg diet Plan Menu
- Does Egg Quality Matter?
- Ingredients for 3-Day Egg Fast
- Instructions for Keto Egg Fast:
- More Keto Egg Fast Recipes – 3-day Egg Diet Plan Menu
- More Help for Your Keto Diet
- FAQ about The egg Fast Recipes
- More Keto Recipes
Egg Fast Keto Rules for 3 day Egg diet Plan Menu
The egg-fast rules for an egg fast are very simple to follow. Don’t let them confuse you.
- Eat eggs all day 6-11
- For every egg consumed, you will have to consume one tablespoon of healthy fat; olive oil, sugar-free mayonnaise, MCT oil, coconut oil, butter, or avocado oil.
- Consume one ounce of cheese per egg, max 4 ounces a day
- Eat an egg within 30 minutes of waking up.
- The minimum time between meals should be 3 hours.
- Drink a maximum of 3 diet sodas a day (optional)
- Do not eat sugar or sweetener.
- Stop eating 3 hours before bedtime.
- Drink 6-8 glasses minimum.
- Limit seasonings to less than 1g.
- Tea and coffee are permitted but no cream.
- No added dairy (besides your one ounce of cheese per egg), no meat, no veggies, no fruits.
One of the basic rules of the keto egg diet is that it’s meant for a short period of time. Fat fasts are popular, this just happens to involve eggs, simple ingredients, and sample meal plans.
I recommend supplementing with electrolytes and adding magnesium, sodium, and potassium supplementation (this can help with keto flu). If you feel constipated, you might want to increase your intake of coconut oil. My favorite is Better Body Foods. Magnesium should help too.
Does Egg Quality Matter?
It’s all about the eggs. Eggs are high in protein (egg whites), and healthy fats (egg yolks), and contain vitamins B2, D, B6, B12, zinc, iron, and copper. They are downright good for you! In my house, we use eggs every day. There are always eggs in our refrigerator.
But unfortunately, not all eggs in the store are created equal. It is important to buy high-quality eggs. Buy eggs from a farm that is herbicide and pesticide-free for at least 3 years.
Make sure they are hormone-free, free-range, and cage-free like Happy Eggs. They are the Free-est of the Free Range™!
The eggs I used for my egg fast are the Happy Eggs. They are the highest quality and best-tasting eggs you can find. I have included a couple of recipes to keep your egg fast and interesting! Egg-fast recipes have been around for a long time so there’s a lot to choose from.
I love spices and they come in handy when eating a Keto Egg Diet. I created these easy Southwest Egg Cups to shake up the 3-Day Keto Egg Fast, but you can incorporate this recipe as part of your regular Keto routine and get egg fast results when egg fasting.
Ingredients for 3-Day Egg Fast
- Happy Eggs (12)
- Mexican blend cheese
- Avocado oil (I used one that was garlic infused)
- Southwest spices
Instructions for Keto Egg Fast:
- Combine the eggs, cheese, and avocado oil.
- Add a sprinkle of southwest spices.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
More Keto Egg Fast Recipes – 3-day Egg Diet Plan Menu
- Keto Egg Fast Lemon Cheesecake Fat Bombs – If you are going to the Keto Egg Fast, you can incorporate these into it and if you have a sweet tooth like me, it will definitely make it easier to get through those 3 days.
- Egg Fast Quiche– This Keto Quiche recipe is awesome because it makes 6 servings and you can keep them in the refrigerator for at least a week or freeze some of it for later. It’s perfect for your egg fast. This is a simple recipe for an egg fast meal plan that is delicious, and it will work great for your egg fast! You just need four ingredients and you’re good to go! It just takes a couple of minutes to set up.
- Boiled eggs are always an option for breakfast and lunch during this egg fast.
This is not a long-term diet. If you need help with your diet or managing your weight loss, contact Riselean.
Combine the eggs, cheese, and avocado oil.Add a sprinkle of southwest spices.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
Although there is dairy in this fast, it is a maximum of 4 ounces of cheese.Stevia is a natural product, this is why it is in my Lemon Cheesecake Bombs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 228Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 195mgSodium 103mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 9g
More Help for Your Keto Diet
What are your “go-to” keto egg fast recipes? Do you have different egg-fast rules? What do you think of these egg diet recipes for weight loss?
Do you have a 3-Day Egg Diet Plan Menu that you want to share? Put in the comments!
FAQ about The egg Fast Recipes
Can I do an egg fast for a month?
No, it’s meant to be short-term. If you did it long-term, you will be robbing your body of other essential nutrients if you only eat eggs, fats, and cheese for too long.
How much weight can you lose on the egg fast?
Most people lose 5-10lbs
What can you eat on an egg fast?
Usually just eggs and cheese
Does the 3-day egg fast work?
If it is done correctly
What does an egg fast do to your body?
It induces the metabolic state of ketosis.
How long can I do an egg fast?
3 days, maximum 5 days
More Keto Recipes
- Holiday Desserts
- Bacon and Egg Cups
- Pumpkin Chili
- Side Dishes
- Best Keto Soups
- Easy Vanilla Keto Cupcake Recipe Mix
- RECIPES FOR THE BIG GAME
- The Best Keto Mug Cake Recipes
- 9 Delicious Low-Carb Cupcake Recipes
- How to Make Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Keto Protein Shakes
- How to Make the Best Vanilla Keto Hot Cocoa Recipe
- 30-Minute Keto Meals
- 14 Keto Holiday Recipes