Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using our links.
Are you looking for gluten free snacks for kids? I found a blueberry snack bar, dipped in white chocolate that is kid friendly.
My kids love cereal for breakfast. This summer though, we have been trying to come up with new things to make for the kids to eat now that school is out. Every morning I’m met with the same questions, “what’s for breakfast? Followed by “what are we doing today?” It’s all about the food, snacks, and activities.
So, since Cheerios came out with yummy NEW Blueberry Cheerios, I thought I’d make a fun, creative snack bar for them to put in the lunch boxes when they go to camp. The Blueberry Cheerios are made with real blueberry puree and other natural flavors.
Whether they have them for breakfast with milk or find these fun bars in their lunchbox, you can’t go wrong with Cheerios, especially their new Blueberry flavor.
The best thing about this recipe is that it is gluten free. Although, my boys don’t have a major issue with gluten, I can always tell when they are sensitive to it.
They have so many friends with food allergies that are nut free or wheat free. So, I’m happy when I can do gluten free. Going gluten free is best for everyone.
These are the best gluten free snacks for kids I’ve ever had!
The boys loved these colorful snack bars with just 5 ingredients. They are also no bake, which is a bonus for us here in Arizona where it’s hot. One more reason not to use the oven!
Ingredients for Gluten Free Snacks
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter with 6 cups of marshmallows in the microwave for two minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to stir.
- When smooth add 5 cups of Blueberry Cheerios immediately and stir. Add into a 13 x 9-inch and flatten with the back of a spoon. I use wax paper and press my fists into it to smoothen, but it’s tricky because the wax paper can stick to the cheerio mix.
- Put the dish in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Take out and cut into squares.Heat up 2 cups of white chocolate chips in the microwave and either dip the bars into the melted chocolate or drizzle the chocolate on top.
- Sprinkle with gluten free, sugar free sprinkles and put into refrigerator.
Put the dish in the freezer for about 15 minutes. Take out and cut into squares.
Heat up 2 cups of white chocolate chips in the microwave and either dip the bars into the melted chocolate or drizzle the chocolate on top. Sprinkle with gluten free, sugar free sprinkles and put into refrigerator.
These were dipped in the white chocolate and turned out great. I love white chocolate. but the Blueberry Cheerios snack bars without the drizzle were yummy, too. They are very kid friendly!
Check out the full recipe below.
I can’t wait to see what the boys think when they open their lunchbox and find their Blueberry Cheerios snack bar!
Back to school will be here in no time so stock up on Cheerios and add the NEW Blueberry Cheerios to your cart at Walmart! What are your lunchbox ideas?