Looking for things to do in Pinetop, Arizona? Look no further! Pinetop, Arizona nestled in the heart of the White Mountains, is a charming town with endless opportunities for outdoor adventures, family fun, and enjoying the natural beauty of the White Mountains of Arizona.
Whether you’re a nature lover, an outdoor enthusiast, or simply looking for a peaceful getaway, Pinetop has something for everyone. Here’s a list of the best things to do in Pine Top.
Nature and Outdoor Activities in Pinetop
- Horseback Riding: Explore the stunning landscapes of Pinetop on horseback. Several local stables, like Porter Mountain Stables, offer guided rides through the Ponderosa pine forests.
- Woodland Lake Park: A great place for picnics, fishing, and enjoying the serene ambiance. The park features a walking trail around Woodland Lake and picnic facilities.
- White Mountain Nature Center: Discover the unique flora and fauna of the White Mountains. The center offers educational programs and walking trails.
- Mountain Biking: Take your mountain bike to the White Mountains Trail System and enjoy miles of multi-use trails suitable for all skill levels.
- Panorama Trail: For some of the best views in Pinetop, explore the Panorama Trail, a favorite among nature enthusiasts.
- Scott Reservoir: A serene lake where you can fish, kayak, and soak in the beauty of the area. It’s a perfect spot for a family outing.
- Jacques Marsh Wildlife Area: Birdwatchers and wildlife enthusiasts will find small mammals, waterfowl, and a variety of avian species at Jacques Marsh.
- Mogollon Rim Interpretive Trail: This trail along the edge of the Mogollon Rim provides insight into the area’s geological and historical features.
- Porter Creek: A scenic hike along Porter Creek offers the chance to spot mule deer and other wildlife.
- Big Lake: Located within Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest, this lake is a paradise for anglers and nature lovers.
- Sunrise Park Resort: Hit the slopes in the winter or explore the mountain’s beauty in the summer. The resort offers a range of activities and breathtaking vistas.
- Hollow Lake Recreation Area: Perfect for camping, fishing, and water activities, this area is a great place to enjoy the fresh mountain air.
- Timber Mesa Trail: Known for its picturesque views and connecting Pinetop to Show Low City Park, this trail is perfect for walking, hiking, or biking.
- Ice Cave Trail: Explore a unique ice cave in the White Mountains, which maintains a constant temperature, allowing the ice to last even in the warmest months.
- Mogollon Rim Trail: A longer, more challenging hike with stunning vistas, perfect for the avid hiker and backpacker.
- White Mountains of Arizona: Simply take a leisurely drive through the White Mountains and soak in the natural beauty and fresh air.
- Dividing Line: Enjoy the unique experience of standing on the Continental Divide, the dividing line between rivers that flow to the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico.
- White Mountains Trail System: Explore the network of trails that crisscross the region, each offering a different perspective of this stunning landscape.
- Outdoor Adventures: If you love outdoor activities, Pinetop offers everything from hiking and fishing to boating and camping.
Family Fun in Pinetop
- White Mountain Family Fun Park: A great place for kids, offering go-karts, mini-golf, and more.
- Pinetop Lakes Activity Center: Enjoy a round of golf, tennis, or a dip in the hot tub in this picturesque setting.
- Scott’s Reservoir: A perfect destination for a family picnic and a day of fishing.
- Show Low Lake: Ideal for kayaking, fishing, and enjoying the scenery. There are picnic tables and grills for a perfect day outdoors.
- Special Events: Check the local events calendar for special happenings in Pinetop, such as festivals and live music.
- White Mountain Apache Tribe: Learn about the rich history and culture of the White Mountain Apache Tribe through cultural programs and events.
- Pinetop-Lakeside: Visit this friendly town and explore its local shops, art galleries, and restaurants.
- Pinetop Lakes Golf: A beautiful golf course for golf enthusiasts, set amidst the Ponderosa pines.
- Rainbow Lake: A serene lake with ample fishing opportunities. Pack a picnic and spend a day by the water.
Golf Courses in Pinetop
- Pinetop Lakes Golf Club: Enjoy a round of golf in the serene, wooded surroundings of Pinetop Lakes Golf Club.
- Pinetop Lakes Country Club Trail: For golfers, this is one of the best places in town to tee off.
- Golfing at Sunrise Park Resort: Try golfing at high altitude on the resort’s beautiful greens.
- Hon-Dah Resort Casino and Conference Center: Combine golf with a trip to the casino.
Historical and Cultural Attractions
- Show Low Museum: Learn about the history of the area and its early settlers.
- Fort Apache Reservation: Explore the history and culture of the White Mountain Apache Tribe in this unique setting.
Scenic Drives and Views in Pinetop
- Clear Day at the Rim: On a clear day, head to the Mogollon Rim for a spectacular panoramic view.
- Scenic Drive along the Edge of the Rim: Enjoy the view from the edge of the Mogollon Rim.
Leisure and Entertainment
- Live Music: Check local listings for live music performances and events.
- Show Low City Park: A great place for a picnic and family fun with volleyball courts, softball fields, and a playground.
- Show Low Memorial Day Weekend: This weekend is filled with events, parades, and family activities.
- Birdwatching: Pinetop offers a diverse bird population and plenty of birdwatching opportunities.
- Local Wildlife: Keep an eye out for the local wildlife, including mule deer and small mammals.
Dining and Shopping
- Local Restaurants: Try the local cuisine, which features both traditional and modern flavors.
- Visit Local Shops: Explore charming local boutiques and shops for unique finds and souvenirs.
- Mountain Biking: The White Mountains Trail System offers various trails for mountain bike enthusiasts.
- Hiking: With miles of trails, Pinetop is a hiker’s paradise, with trails suitable for all skill levels.
With its natural beauty, outdoor activities, and welcoming small-town atmosphere, Pinetop, Arizona, offers something for everyone. Whether you’re in search of a peaceful retreat or an action-packed adventure, this charming town in the White Mountains has it all.
So pack your bags, head to Pinetop, and experience the magic of this picturesque destination for yourself. It’s a place where you can have a great time, make unforgettable memories, and leave with a heart full of gratitude for the wonders of nature and the warmth of the community.