There are affiliate links in this post.
I’m a little late for the viral Cocoa Bomb craze, but the Holidays have gotten me inspired. It’s been a rough year and I am starting to feel festive. So, I whipped up this fun DIY Christmas Cocoa Bomb recipe. It’s simple and fun.
This is the same recipe as the New Year’s Eve Tradition Cocoa Bombs except for the decorations I used on top of them. You can also give these DIY Christmas Cocoa Bombs as gifts. Hot chocolate is so comforting too!
Lily’s White Chocolate Baking Chips (optional)
Below is the basic hot chocolate bomb recipe.
Using Latex gloves will keep fingerprints off the bombs
Make sure topping chocolate has cooled off other wise it will melt the bomb
Use a hot plate to smooth out edges
Use a half tablespoon measuring spoon (2x) to add hot chocolate so that it doesn’t spill all over the outside of the bombs
If you use Lily’s sweetened with stevia and Ghiradelli Hot Cocoa, it is Keto and sugar free without the marshmallows. You can make the mold toppings with Lily’s too.
- Melt chocolate (start with 1 min 50% power) Do not over melt - just stir lumps until melted
- Spoon chocolate into the mold
- Put molds on a tray or cutting board and into refrigerator for 30 mins
- Pull chocolate molds out of molds when ready using gloves (if you don't want fingerprints)
- Heat up a plate for 1 minute
- Place mold on the plate to smooth out and fill with 1 Tablespoon of Cocoa Powder
- Place marshmallows inside
- Place other half of mold on hot plate and smooth out and immediately place on top of cocoa filled mold
- Heat up some white chocolate chips and spoon into a ziplock bag, cut off tip and drizzle on top.
- Add sprinkles
Exact amounts of ingredients needed or yield may vary depending on the actual silicone mold you use. Silicone molds come in all sizes - with the one's I purchased, I used the large ones, so if you don't use the exact same one we did, you may end up needing more or less of each ingredient. I used a full tablespoon of Cocoa in each mold.
If you are drizzling the white chocolate on top of bomb, make sure it cools a little otherwise it will put a hole in the bomb
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.