Us mothers have a full, rich, chaotic, funny, silly, stressful, interesting, tiring life. Being a mother is the best blessing I have ever had. I never really wanted to be a mother.
I was a Mother to Three Fur Babies.
But after I put my dog down and turned 39 years-old I felt something missing in my life. I wasn’t ready for another dog. I wasn’t even ready for children but I knew that at 39, if it was going to happen, now was the time to make it happen. Although I was told that I probably would not get pregnant for other reasons, including my age, I was able to get pregnant within 6 months. Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage. Within another six months I got pregnant again and had my first child at 40 years-old. Then I had my second child at 42 years-old.
I had bad postpartum depression with him. I struggled.
Nothing Motivated or Inspired Me.
I could have done with some inspiration back then. Every mother likes to hear motivational and inspirational quotes. So, here are seven of the best inspirational quotes for mothers. These are great Mother’s Day quotes also.
- “Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love.”
- “The love of a mother is the veil of a softer light between the heart and the heavenly Father.”
- “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.”
- “The babe at first feeds upon the mother’s bosom, but it is always on her heart.”
- “The influence of a mother upon the lives of her children cannot be measured. They know and absorb her example and attitudes when it comes to questions of honesty, temperance, kindness, and industry.”
These five quotes are beautiful, motivational and inspirational.
Which one is your favorite?