This post was sponsored by Neutrogena as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Boy, has it been a long time since I went to a spa. Seriously, I think we can all agree that most of us moms get to go to a spa either on vacation or when it’s Mother’s Day. I still haven’t redeemed my Mother’s Day spa gift certificate from four years ago! There’s never enough time in the day. There are lunches to be packed, laundry to be done, dinner to be made, pick-ups, drop-offs and the list goes on. Oh yes, and work.
But I am no stranger to creating the spa experience at home. If I can’t get to the spa I bring the spa to me.
1. I schedule a moment. I make sure the kids are in bed (and sleeping of course).
2. I download my favorite music or meditation on my phone and make sure it’s ready.
3. I run the water and pour in my favorite Neutrogena Rainbath. It all depends on the day I am having which one I may use. They all set up a different mood for me.
4. I turn the lights off and light some candles. Sometimes I use big chunky candles and sometimes I use tea lights. Again, it all depends on mood.
5. I try to let go of all my thoughts. That means letting go of the chore list, the grocery list, my children’s school projects and homework, my work, and so much more. If I can’t do that I visualize that I am on a beach (preferably a Caribbean Beach) and I’m walking at the shoreline with the sand between my toes…..). I must go to my happy place.
It’s so important to take time for yourself. Us moms run ourselves ragged sometimes. But if we don’t take care of ourselves, how can we take care of our family? I’ve come to realize that sometimes I have to put myself first in order to be a better mother. I need to put myself in a different mood.
I believe in aromatherapy and how it can affect us. I use Neutrogena Rainbath to discover those moods. I turn my bath into a spa while cleansing and conditioning skin without leaving behind a heavy, filmy residue all while breathing in an aroma from Neutrogena Rainbath. I breath out and all is good in the world.
I have forgotten the school projects, vacations, play dates, camp for that moment in time.
Head over to Walgreens or Walgreens.com and try out Neutrogena Rainbath products available in 5 amazing scents; Refreshing Shower and Bath Gel – Original, Rejuvenating Shower and Bath GelPomegranate, Replenishing Shower and Bath Gel Ocean Mist, and Restoring Shower and Bath Gel Fresh Plum. You can also use them in your shower too!
Stock up and enter to win some more in this awesome sweepstakes! Winners will receive ten Neutrogena Rainbath bundles (includes one of each of the 5 Neutrogena Rainbath scents).
Dates: October 1st – November 4th
I-C will randomly select winners from all program entries and RPR will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes of 10 winners.